The inability to maintain, or keep an erection during sexual activity is referred to as erectile dysfunction. There is nothing abnormal about having occasional erection problems. An ongoing issue with erectile dysfunction can, however, contribute to stress, lowered self-esteem, and relationship problems. An underlying health problem that makes it difficult to get or keep an erection can also signal a heart disease risk factor.
Even if you’re embarrassed, talk to your doctor if you’re concerned about erectile dysfunction. Consult Dr Sandeep Nunia for the right treatment of erectile dysfunction in Jaipur. He is the best urologist in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is often caused by a combination of psychological and physical factors. An erection may be affected by anxiety caused by a minor medical condition. The following are some psychological and physical factors that cause erectile dysfunction.
Physical causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
A number of physical factors can cause erectile dysfunction. The following are some physical factors that cause erectile dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction can result from sleep disorders.
- Peyronie’s disease may result in erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction can be caused by diabetes.
- Pelvic injuries may lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction can be caused by low testosterone levels.
- Heart disease can cause erectile dysfunction
- Hypertension can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- A variety of prescription medications can cause erectile dysfunction
- Erectile dysfunction may result from high cholesterol.
- A person who is overweight can suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction is caused by the regular consumption of alcohol.
- Parkinson’s disease can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- There are certain prescription medications that can result in erectile dysfunction.
- Metabolic syndrome can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Tobacco consumption can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction can be caused by clogged blood vessels
Psychological causes of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Several factors, including feelings of sexual excitement, trigger a series of events that result in an erection. A number of factors can affect sexual feelings and worsen erectile dysfunction. The following are the psychological factors that cause erectile dysfunction.
- Mental health illnesses including anxiety, depression can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Relationship problems can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Stress is also a common cause of erectile dysfunction.
Tips to avoid Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Here are a few tips that can be used to avoid erectile dysfunction.
1. Control depression
You feel sexual excitement in your head before you feel it in your body. You may experience erectile dysfunction if you suffer from depression. A number of the drugs used to treat depression also suppress sex drive and delay orgasms and can make it difficult to get an erection.
2. Keep your blood pressure in check
It may be more difficult to get an erection if you have less blood flowing to your penis. Your blood vessels can become narrow due to high blood pressure, diminishing blood flow throughout your body. Get in the habit of regularly checking your blood pressure if you don’t do so already.
3. It is advisable to quit smoking
You suffer from sex problems when you smoke because smoking narrows your blood vessels. The likelihood of men with erection problems is double for men who smoke. Smoking may negatively affect the effectiveness of ED medications.
4. Exercise regularly
The benefits of exercise for your sexual life are numerous. Maintaining good health and lowering stress are all benefits of exercising. Additionally, it also keeps your weight under control. You don’t even have to do a strenuous workout.
5. Maintain a Healthy Weight
Your sex life may suffer because of all the extra pounds. Overweight people are more likely to develop diabetes and high cholesterol levels, which can lead to erection problems.
6. Be proactive- Seek the advice of a doctor
You should not ignore an erection that is having trouble getting if it is occurring more frequently. You should discuss this with your doctor. Dealing with it sooner will allow you to get your sex life back on track.
7. You shouldn’t use anabolic steroids
Adding extra testosterone to your body to get more muscles might harm your erections. Make a habit of not using anabolic steroids.
8. Make the Mediterranean diet a part of your lifestyle
ED is often associated with heart disease, so it makes sense that a heart-healthy diet could help your erections as well. Increase your intake of fresh fruits, veggies, fish, and whole grains. Don’t eat artery-clogging foods such as red meat, dairy products with fat, and fried foods.
9. Stay away from illicit drugs
Many drugs can cause erection problems. The effect on your central nervous system of illicit drugs can also lead to blood vessel damage. Avoid illicit drugs and protect yourself from erectile dysfunction
10. Take Control of Stress
Your libido may suffer when you are stressed out at work, when you have relationship problems, or when you undergo major life changes. Stress, anxiety can prevent you from erecting so manage your stress.
11. Reduce high cholesterol levels
Having high blood cholesterol can narrow your blood vessels, slowing down your blood flow. That can make it more difficult to maintain an erection. If you have high cholesterol, you can take medication or change your diet to lower your cholesterol
Diagnosis of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
For most patients, erectile dysfunction can be diagnosed with a simple physical examination and treated with medications. You might need additional testing or a consultation with a specialist if you suffer from chronic health issues.
The following tests can be performed to diagnose erectile dysfunction
- Urine tests (urinalysis) – Urine tests can detect diabetes and other underlying health conditions just like blood tests.
- Physical exam- Your penis and testicles will be examined carefully, and your nerves will be checked for sensation.
- Psychological exam- There might be questions your doctor asks as part of a depression screening or to determine other possible psychological causes of erectile dysfunction.
- Blood tests- Tests of your blood might be conducted to see if you have signs of heart disease, low testosterone levels, diabetes, or any other health problems that are causing erectile dysfunction.
Treatment options for erectile dysfunction (ED)
If you have erectile dysfunction, your doctor will first check to make sure the right treatment is being provided for any health conditions that could worsen the problem. During an initial consultation, you and your doctor can discuss the risks and benefits of each treatment. There could be a variety of treatment options available to you depending on your underlying health condition and the severity of your erectile dysfunction. The following are the treatment options available to treat erectile dysfunction,
- Treatment through Medication
Medication is the first treatment that is offered to treat erectile dysfunction of a person. Depending on your situation, your doctor will decide which medication is most appropriate to treat your erectile dysfunction. Your erectile dysfunction might not be treated immediately with medications but it can work if properly taken.
- Treatment through Psychological counseling
If you experience erectile dysfunction due to depression, stress, or anxiety, your doctor may suggest that you should consult a psychologist. Psychological counseling can sometimes treat erectile dysfunction.
- Surgical treatment
Your doctor may recommend surgery if medication isn’t working or not appropriate for your problem. Penile Implants are surgically inserted into both sides of the penis during surgery. Surgery can result in complications such as infection. If you have a urinary tract infection, you are not fit for penile implant surgery.
Why choose Dr. Sandeep Nunia for treatment of Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Dr. Sandeep Nunia is the best andrologist in Jaipur. He has a clear knowledge of Andrology and other aspects. With his years of experience in this field, he can deliver successful treatment to every urology issue. Dr. Nunia can deliver the right treatment for erectile dysfunction in Jaipur. He discusses every possible treatment of the disease with his patients.